For more information on the mission houses, availability and general mission house questions, contact Laurie King
Serving The World From Home
Our missionary housing ministry has been in place since 1990 due to the desire and dream of a group of New Hope members to provide housing on the south side of Atlanta for missionaries on stateside assignment.
Over the years, many volunteers have offered countless hours to renovate, decorate, and maintain these homes. Because of their love and commitment this ministry and New Hope’s vision for missions, these homes have been enjoyed by many families that share the love of Jesus Christ in places all over the world.
Join The Team
Who can serve? – Adult small groups, Students, RA’s, GA’s, Skilled Craftsmen, Yard lovers, Homemakers, Decorators, and anyone with a heart for missions, a willing spirit, and a desire to minister in a practical way!
How can you serve? – Welcome team, Home preparation, General repair, Maintenance, Landscaping, and in ways that create a welcoming and refreshing atmosphere in our homes for missionary families!
About The Mission Homes
This one-story home is situated among the 60 acres of our church campus. It has a kitchen, living / dining room combination, 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, and a double-cargarage. It has a sunroom on the back, and a deck overlooking a pond on the front. The home has central heating and air conditioning. It is completely furnished with linens, tableware, kitchen utensils, etc. The kitchen is equipped with a range, oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and washer & dryer. A vacuum cleaner is also provided.
This ranch-style home with basement is nestled among the 60 acres of our church campus. It has a kitchen with eating area, a dining room, a living room, 2 bedrooms, a side room with sleeping or family room capacity,and 1 full bathroom as well as a double-car garage. It has a deck on the back, and a view of the pond from the front. The home has central heating and air conditioning. It is completely furnished with linens, tableware, kitchen utensils, etc. The kitchen is equipped with an oven with stovetop, refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. The washer & dryer are located in the basement. A vacuum cleaner is also provided.
Mission Home Policy Information
New Hope Baptist Church is excited and pleased to make our missionary homes available to missionaries on stateside assignment who serve with the Southern Baptist International Mission Board. Below is some general information and policies regarding our missionary homes. A Missionary Housing Request Form as well as a deposit of $250.00 will be required to reserve a home and must be received before occupancy. We also request that you complete the Family Profile Form as well.
Policy Information for Missionary Homes
1. The missionary homes are a ministry of New Hope Baptist Church as one expression of the church’s concern for missions. The homes are made available to Southern Baptist missionary families on stateside assignment, and in the event of availability may include anyone serving on an active mission field. The home is available for a minimum period of six months, and a maximum period of one year. (Exceptions will be considered on the basis of need and availability.)
2. Tentative housing reservations by missionaries can be made up to five years in advance with the NHBC Missionary Housing Team. Final confirmation by New Hope Baptist Church will be made up to twelve months prior to occupancy upon housing request approval and deposit received.
3. In addition to the Missionary Housing Request Form, an advance deposit of $250 will be required to reserve the home and must be received six months prior to occupancy. (Please make checks payable to New Hope Baptist Church – memo “Missionary Home”. These should be mailed to the church to the attention of the Missions Center – Missionary Housing.)
4. A monthly fee of $250 will be required to help maintain the home. Please deliver to the Missions Center at New Hope Baptist Church by the 15th of each month. New Hope Baptist Church will pay all utilities with the exception of telephone, cable television, and Internet services.
5. The church maintenance department will provide lawn cutting and outside trimming. Water hoses are provided.
6. The NHBC missionary housing team as well as the NHBC maintenance office should be notified if you plan to be away for a week or more; or during severe weather months, three days or more.
7. The home is insured under the property insurance of New Hope. However, the church is not responsible for any personal items left at/in the mission home. If needed, please check with your agent for coverage.
8. New Hope reserves the right to use the grounds for church picnics, socials, etc. with advance notification to missionary residents.
9. Pets are not permitted.
10. No hunting is permitted on the property at any time.
11. Fishing in the pond is permitted. (Please use extreme caution – Neely Rd. used to be nicknamed “Copperhead Trail” due to the large number of snakes around the area!) Permission must be granted by the church administrator’s office if anyone other than the family in residence wants to fish.
12. The church desires to keep the home in good condition. Please contact the NHBC maintenance staff at (770) 461-4337, Ex. 845 with any problems or needs for repairs/maintenance. In the event no one can be reached, please call the church administrator, ext. 805.
13. Tenant may not sub-let premises or any portion thereof, nor assign this Agreement without written consent of New Hope Baptist Church.
14. In addition, any “house-sitters” or long-term guests of approved residents are subject to prior approval by NHBC missionary housing team.
15. New Hope Baptist Church reserves the right to withdraw housing privileges at any time deemed necessary due to abuse of church property or failure to comply with the terms set forth in these policies.
16. Periodic amendments to these policies may be made to keep abreast of changing conditions and specific needs of the missionary residents. You will be notified of these changes as the need arises.